Monday, February 22, 2010

Week Three






Hello All,

I have been in Cape Town for 6 days. I have been able to have a good mix of rest (swimming, reading and sleeping) as well as catching up with friends. It has been great being able to get some rest in as the last few weeks have been hectic. The weather here has been absolutely amazing. A dry warm heat is a refreshing change from the humid, sticky heat I had in Tanzania and Lusaka.

My highlight of last week was my friend Caragh and I went for a picnic on top of Table Mountain. We arrived there around 7pm in the evening. The view was incredible. From two of the sides of the mountain you could see a layer of cloud below you. It was quite something. We then had dinner, watched the sun set into the sea and then saw all the night lights around Cape Town come on.

I am looking forward to the rest of the week as I am catching up with a few other friends I haven't seen yet, but I am also sad that my time in Africa is coming to a close. Towards the end of the week I will try and give another update with some more photos.

For those of you in Melbourne I arrive back home on Sunday and I look forward to catching up with you soon.

Take Care,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment